Minnesota Electoral College will meet Monday to cast ballots
St. Paul, MN – Minnesota’s Presidential Electors will meet to cast public ballots for President and Vice President of the United States on Monday, Dec. 17 at 12 noon in the State Capitol Rotunda.
In addition to Minnesota’s 10 Electors and eight Alternate Electors, ceremony participants include:
• Remarks—Gov. Mark Dayton
• Presiding—Secretary of State Mark Ritchie
• Posting of the National and State Colors—Minnesota State Patrol Honor Guard
• Pledge of Allegiance—Ma Lor, Minneapolis, a South High School Senior and City of Minneapolis Elections Judge Trainee who became a United States citizen
• National Anthem—Sergeant 1st Class Robyn Major, 133 Airlift Wing, Minnesota National Guard
• Invocation—Reverend Peg Chemberlin, Executive Director, Minnesota Council of Churches and immediate Past President, National Council of Churches
According to the U.S. Constitution, electors in each state meet on this date to select the President and Vice President of the
United States. Minnesota’s 2012 electors are from the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.
2012 Minnesota Electors: Lucy Buckner, Burnsville; Jettie Ann Hill, Minneapolis; Dee Long, Minnetonka; Joe Moren, Hibbing; Al Patton, Sartell; Shanti Shah, Eden Prairie; Rick Stafford, Minneapolis; Russ Warren, Mounds View; Janet Weir, Mankato; and Paul Wright, Hutchinson.
2012 Minnesota Alternate Electors: Gabe Aderhold, Edina; Valerie Holthus, Andover; Liz Kalisch, White Bear Lake; Fred Knudsen, Owatonna; Colleen Nardone, Grand Rapids; Lil Ortendahl, Osakis; Katherine Speer, Elgin; and Charlie Thomas, Lakeville.