Case closed on urine found in Princeton High School lockers

  • Print Friendly and PDF
  • Print Friendly and PDF

by Jeffrey Hage, editor Princeton Union-Eagle — The Princeton School District is closing the books on an investigation into who may have urinated inside a handful of lockers in the girls locker room on Friday, Sept. 7.

Princeton Superintendent Richard Lahn says while he isn’t pointing fingers, football players with Mound Westonka emerged as suspects.

That’s because the White Hawks used the girls locker room when it played Princeton on Friday, Sept. 7. Mound Westonka lost to Princeton 21-7 in non-conference play.

The following morning members of the Princeton girls soccer team found that equipment in their lockers, including uniforms, soccer balls and shoes, had been urinated upon.

The Princeton School District contacted the Mound Westonka School District on Monday, Sept. 10. Both districts then began investigations into the matter.

“We have our data and they did their investigation. No one stepped forward,” Lahn said.

This is what school officials in Princeton know: Mound Westonka football players used the girls locker room, the locker room was locked by a custodian following the White Hawks 21-7 loss, and the locker room was reopened by the same custodian Saturday morning prior to a girls home soccer game.

Mound Westonka football players were the last ones in the locker room before the discovery of the urine, Lahn said.

“We’re not looking for names or punishments. We’ve dropped it and its time to move on,” he said.

Lahn said Mound Westonka officials have been very cooperative in working with the Princeton district, as both school districts had a common interest in determining who performed the act.

Dion Koltes, activities director for Mound Westonka High School, said that both schools cooperated with each other in the investigation.

“We hold our kids to the highest standard, and winning and losing with class,” he said.

The football players have not been accused of being responsible for the mess. Koltes said that the school did not have any knowledge of whether the football team was involved in the incident.

“We hold them to the highest standard, and they fulfill it everyday,” he said.

“It’s unfortunate they had no success in getting someone to take responsibility,” Lahn said.

Blaze Fugina of the Union-Eagle’s sister newspaper, The Mound Laker, contributed to this story.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Purchase Photos

menards flyer promo