Mills Fleet Farm looks to open store in Cambridge
After sitting vacant since August 2011, the former Lowe’s building in Cambridge will hopefully soon be occupied.
Mills Fleet Farm is on the agenda for the Sept. 5 Cambridge Planning Commission meeting regarding an application for a conditional use permit and a variance to occupy the former Lowe’s site.
Lowe’s, which opened in Cambridge in September 2009, closed its doors after nearly two years of service. The Lowe’s store has approximately 103,000 square feet, an adjacent garden center and is located on the east side of Cambridge.
Mills Fleet Farm has been serving the Upper Midwest since 1955 and has 31 locations across Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and North Dakota. Now in its third generation of family ownership, the store’s 31st location opened in Blaine in 2008. See more in Editor Rachel Kytonen’s story in the Isanti County News.