RetireSafe presents Rep. Cravaack with 2012 Standing up for America’s Seniors Award
Brainerd, MN – U.S. Representative Chip Cravaack (MN) on Tuesday, Aug. 7)was presented with the 2012 Standing Up for America’s Seniors Award by RetireSafe, a national, nonpartisan grassroots organization that advocates on behalf of America’s seniors.
RetireSafe recognized Rep. Cravaack for his outstanding leadership on behalf of seniors.
Criteria for the award included:
1. Exhibiting outstanding leadership in Congress to protect Medicare, which is critical to millions of American seniors and their families.
2. Ensuring access to affordable prescription medicines for seniors through the Medicare Part D program.
3. Demonstrating a continued commitment to protecting the doctor/patient relationship for seniors.
4. Preserving a vast selection of health care options for seniors so that they may choose the best plan for themselves and their families.
5. Supporting government services and necessary funding for senior programs in the Representative’s district.
Rep. Cravaack received the award for his efforts to protect the health benefits and security of Minnesota’s seniors and citizens with disabilities. Rep. Cravaack was presented the award during a ceremony at the Brainerd district office.
“On our current trajectory, Medicare will be bankrupt by 2024. It is our duty and obligation to ensure this promise is kept to our seniors now and in the future,” said Rep. Cravaack.
“Seniors have a true friend and leader in Congressman Cravaack, who is always fighting for a strong Medicare, affordable medicines, and preserving health care choices. He definitely earned this award and deserves our thanks,” said Thair Phillips, President of RetireSafe.
RetireSafe is national, nonprofit, nonpartisan grassroots organization that advocates and educates on behalf of America’s seniors on issues regarding Social Security, Medicare, health and financial well-being.
Representative Cravaack serves on the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee – where he is vice chair of the Aviation Subcommittee – the Homeland Security Committee, and the Science, Space and Technology Committee. The 8th Congressional District covers 18 counties in Northeast Minnesota.