Check status of your tax refund through Minnesota Department of Revenue website
St. Paul, MN – As taxpayers file their income tax returns, the Minnesota Department of Revenue is encouraging taxpayers to use its “Where’s My Refund” online system. “Where’s My Refund” is a quick, easy and secure way to find the projected refund date as tax returns move through processing.
“We recently made improvements to ‘Where’s My Refund’ to provide better customer service to taxpayers. Thanks to public feedback, the system is now more user-friendly making it easier to find the status of your refund,” said Revenue Commissioner Myron Frans.
Changes to the electronic system include:
• A more specific expected refund date
• Nightly updates to the system, allowing taxpayers to check refund status once a day
• A “Where’s My Refund” email address to contact the department with refund questions
• Masked social security numbers so others can’t see what is being typed
• New technology allowing both the website and automated phone line have the same up-to-date refund status information
• Notification of property tax refunds qualifying for early release
Refund information is only available for returns filed in the past 12 months. To search for the status of a refund, taxpayers will need:
• Their social security number (SSN) or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
• The type of return filed. (For example: income tax, property tax)
• The tax year
• The dollar amount of the refund
Taxpayers have less than two months to file their individual income taxes. Follow the latest news and updates from the Minnesota Department of Revenue on Twitter.